connection issues with stars

View previous topic View next topic Go down

connection issues with stars

Post  sngking on Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Has anyone run into connection issues with stars off and on, it will freeze up for a few seconds, and than the rest of the action will play out really fast when I do get connected again, I have no idea what is the cause as I have internet connection.

I do run hold em manager so I don't know if that is causing the problem, I'm gonna email stars and see what they say but thought I would ask and see if I luck out here.

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: connection issues with stars

Post  sngking on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Just added some stars stuff to exceptions within the firewall and that seemed to help so far, can't try anymore cause I transferred bankroll to full tilt where it's 2 times as worse with bad connection and equally rigged.

Will email full tilt maybe and see if they can help, but I really don't want to play poker anymore.

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:30 pm

sngking wrote: equally rigged.
agreed!
JodaB.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:22 pm

JodaB. wrote:
sngking wrote: equally rigged.
agreed!

I know you have played on full tilt, but they don't have 180 mans I guess huh. Smile

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:14 am

Just read this now... If the problem is on both sites it's prob something do with your setup. Are you still in the Barrie area? I think it was u in the Barrie area. If so, I can come over sometime, I can work out most problems on a computer.

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:00 am

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:Just read this now... If the problem is on both sites it's prob something do with your setup. Are you still in the Barrie area? I think it was u in the Barrie area. If so, I can come over sometime, I can work out most problems on a computer.

Yup, unfortunately still in Barrie Razz

Oh did not know you were close, I will keep you in mind ty Smile . I uninstalled full tilt and reinstalled, only played a lil last night after that and seemed to work but will test it out more today.

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:40 am

Or not, it gets worse, not even 10 hands in and I'm out. So much for seeing if the problem is fixed.

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:54 am

sngking wrote:Or not, it gets worse, not even 10 hands in and I'm out. So much for seeing if the problem is fixed.
do u happen to have a Rogers modem/ router combo?

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:32 pm

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:
sngking wrote:Or not, it gets worse, not even 10 hands in and I'm out. So much for seeing if the problem is fixed.
do u happen to have a Rogers modem/ router combo?

Yes I believe so.

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:37 pm

if so, I can almost guarantee its that. I have had more connection issues with my rogers router since i switched from my standalone linksys.

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:47 pm

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:if so, I can almost guarantee its that. I have had more connection issues with my rogers router since i switched from my standalone linksys.

Doh! Sad Just got it last year and just changed my rogers stuff all around so most likely stuck with it.

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:08 pm

I also turned off animation and avatars on full tilt and just played a game, no problems at all during the game so will see if that continues.

Speaking of continue, losing streak still going but at least I did make it past 10 hands this game,lol.

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Fuck, did not work, was playing tonight (full tilt)and it was worse. I am also wondering if my network adapter is crap?

This is not good as I am getting results now, was able to connect quickly enough to finish the game.

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Are you on wifi? If so, try playing a game while plugged directly into the router/modem. This will tell me if its your wifi is creating the troubles. If you're not on wifi, it's probably an automatic setting that has to be set manually on your computer.

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:46 pm

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:Are you on wifi? If so, try playing a game while plugged directly into the router/modem. This will tell me if its your wifi is creating the troubles. If you're not on wifi, it's probably an automatic setting that has to be set manually on your computer.

Yes on wifi, Thanks! Smile I have also emailed full tilt and see if their tech staff can help, thinking it cant hurt,lol

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:35 pm

So you may be right, I was reading up on this router/modem and it's a piece of crap according to quite a few people, I hope I can find my old router and hook it up again and or I have to change the channel on the modem as the phone is interfering with the connection as well.

I am not the admin for this modem/router like with my old router, it's set up on my dad's computer so will have to see if they even have the password and such to change the settings.

I have not really played poker since as I have withdrawn my bankroll to get ready for my trip in a few weeks.

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Ya change the channel on the router before hooking up another... its prob on auto and other signals may be interfering with it. Call rogers and ask them what they recommend for a set channel.

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top