Clear Mindset

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clear Mindset

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:57 am

I don`t know if any of you have ever had the problem of not being able to get into the zone while playing, well I have! Sometimes when playing I start thinking about other things that are not relevant to the game I`m in. For instance, sometimes I will worry about my results and what people think of me if I don`t succeed. This type of crap can fog your thought process, preventing you from getting into the zone, which directly affects your results.

A few months ago I was watching Canada's Worst Driver. They had this cute, ditsy brunette that couldn't for the life of her drive anywhere without worrying about what was happening on her phone. When she got on the show, they had her go through a couple of tests, she ended up failing both very badly. So they had her go see the onsite psychologist to help her out. The psychologist asked her what was going on? She said she couldn't concentrate because she was to worried about other things. The psychologist gave her a piece of paper and said "write down everything that is bothering you." So she did and asked why? The psychologist said " now that you have a list of your worries, you can focus on what you're doing, knowing that you can address these after you're done." Well it worked she went onto pass the remainder of the tests.

So what I'm suggesting is exactly what we read in the example. If you have any problems that may distract you during a game, whatever it is, write it down before you play and deal with it after your done playing. For some reason your brain forgets about these problems for the time being. It may not work for you, but it sure does help me.

So what I did, I setup a note on my phone, labeled it clear mindset. Now before every session I open this note and write down everything that is bothering me at the time.

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clear Mindset

Post  Smoker.B. on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:11 pm

same problem sometimes

nice post
Smoker.B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. on Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Good technique. Mine is to click buttons.
JodaB.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:same problem sometimes

nice post
thx

JodaB. wrote:Good technique. Mine is to click buttons.
lol, I've bee there before

You know what's funny about this thread. If you truly know how to play poker, you have no time to worry! (had a moment of clarity) cyclops

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top