??......???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

??......???

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:55 pm

should i make it a rule to never fold 77+ when <5bb?

PokerStars Hand #96717741613: Tournament #714907047, $2.28+$0.22 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIV (800/1600) - 2013/04/05 17:48:35 ET
Table '714907047 6' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: ryan1111 (6494 in chips)
Seat 2: rustavelli84 (11134 in chips)
Seat 3: arnebever (15254 in chips)
Seat 5: kennethzaz (4225 in chips)
Seat 6: 5BetAny2 (2211 in chips)
Seat 7: GianniPL (30123 in chips)
Seat 8: wolfske89 (16700 in chips)
Seat 9: INMjustthat (21714 in chips)
ryan1111: posts the ante 150
rustavelli84: posts the ante 150
arnebever: posts the ante 150
kennethzaz: posts the ante 150
5BetAny2: posts the ante 150
GianniPL: posts the ante 150
wolfske89: posts the ante 150
INMjustthat: posts the ante 150
rustavelli84: posts small blind 800
arnebever: posts big blind 1600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ryan1111 [8c 8h]
kennethzaz: folds
5BetAny2: raises 461 to 2061 and is all-in
GianniPL: folds
wolfske89: raises 14489 to 16550 and is all-in
INMjustthat: calls 16550
ryan1111:??

RWPKRPLR1

Posts : 882
Likes : 22
Join date : 2013-01-14
Location : Ontario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  Smoker.B. on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:40 pm

implied odds thoooooooo

cheers
avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:implied odds thoooooooo

cheers

I thought you quit playing poker Suspect

RWPKRPLR1

Posts : 882
Likes : 22
Join date : 2013-01-14
Location : Ontario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  Smoker.B. on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:25 pm

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:
Smoker.B. wrote:implied odds thoooooooo

cheers

I thought you quit playing poker Suspect

never

just go about my business quietly now bounce
avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  JodaB. on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:04 am

I think smokes gonna get his own thread of Horatioism, then he can just go off while we talk strat.

Ya I might just call like that, maybe overcall mostly, 77 we could call 4 way too, but maybe not 33.

You have to remember nash assumes the other players are overcalling loose too, which they are not. So for me it always helps if the first player is a reg shoving 22+ Ax any bw some suited connectors because then I know I dominate some pairs.

The 2nd caller always has AQ+ so thats 32 combos we beat vs maybe 99+ which is like 36 combos, so we do okay.

I don't often call light 4way unless I'm super short and no where near the money and or possibly in the bb.

Also don't overcall light near bubbles obv.

Something like all that.
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  Smoker.B. on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:45 pm

JodaB. wrote:I think smokes gonna get his own thread of Horatioism, then he can just go off while we talk strat.

.

Mad


we are getting 3 billion : 1 on a call

nevr folding

not even ducks.. unless we are in some sort of crazy ridic icm situation
avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  JodaB. on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:58 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:
JodaB. wrote:I think smokes gonna get his own thread of Horatioism, then he can just go off while we talk strat.

.

Mad


we are getting 3 billion : 1 on a call

nevr folding

not even ducks.. unless we are in some sort of crazy ridic icm situation
Are you here to learn though? Or are you here to say things like ducks, pot odds, snap this snap that etc.

Yes we are getting big odds, but that's because the pot is divided by 4 people.

For example you get HUUUUUUUUGGGGEEEE odds in the lottery, pay 1 dollar to win 13 million, but if there are 20million people involved its really a terrible idea.

Go ahead and call with ducks, your used to throwing money away, but at some point hopefully you'll say "I'm gonna stop doing senseless things with my chips" and you'll pick up an ICM calculator and ACTUALLY LEARN THE REAL ANSWER.

Coming to forums and guessing at everything and ignoring the real answers isn't winning at poker, its really just feeding our own ego isn't it?
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  JodaB. on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:04 pm

Just to be clear 7 bet shoving air into the nuts is not different than coming to random strat questions and saying things like 'lol 4bet shove and high five the screen' or 'cib and call when villain jams'

In both spots, one on the tables,and the other at forums, you are effectively just mindlessly clicking buttons.

If you want to come in and have discussion you can say something like: Here is what I would do... or 'what do you guys think of this'..

then people can help you with your game and you can listen and learn...

Other wise you are really just pulling your pants down in public, and trying to get people to chase you.

avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Thx joda, since I have been working with the calc, I have seen that we should be over calling super tight in almost every spot, even when we're super short. When the hand was playing out, I was going to over call the initial call, but then the villain got a second caller, so I figured I should only be calling with TT+ AK at that point. The thing that really confused me here was the redic odds I was getting. Your lottery example makes a lot of sense here, we don't want to playing it like a lottery, so folding here is the best, when we can take our chances of shipping a huge range next hand from the CO.

You mentioned combos earlier in the thread, this is something I haven't really broke down. Right now I only look at as on hand, not as a combo. So I'm going to look at combos and how they expand a range. This should will help me reading ranges and how pct's are calculated.

#stilllearning tyty

RWPKRPLR1

Posts : 882
Likes : 22
Join date : 2013-01-14
Location : Ontario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  JodaB. on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:42 pm

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:Thx joda, since I have been working with the calc, I have seen that we should be over calling super tight in almost every spot, even when we're super short. When the hand was playing out, I was going to over call the initial call, but then the villain got a second caller, so I figured I should only be calling with TT+ AK at that point. The thing that really confused me here was the redic odds I was getting. Your lottery example makes a lot of sense here, we don't want to playing it like a lottery, so folding here is the best, when we can take our chances of shipping a huge range next hand from the CO.

You mentioned combos earlier in the thread, this is something I haven't really broke down. Right now I only look at as on hand, not as a combo. So I'm going to look at combos and how they expand a range. This should will help me reading ranges and how pct's are calculated.

#stilllearning tyty
So obv overcalling 22 is a huge mistake as we loose money from calling 22 - 99 which is a lot of hands.

Potts odds are good, but we have to compare them with hand equity, and it drops a lot with more than one other player in the pot. People often forget that.

And dont' think about what happens in the next hand, its a bad habit,

As for combos, its another thing for a different purpose. Usually the most imporant thing is there are 4 suited combos and 12 unsuited.
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  Smoker.B. on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Deleted by Alfred2: strat talk in strat threads please.
avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:53 pm

thanks I will keep all that in mind while playing..

man I learn so much from each hand I post.

RWPKRPLR1

Posts : 882
Likes : 22
Join date : 2013-01-14
Location : Ontario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  JodaB. on Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:29 pm

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:thanks I will keep all that in mind while playing..

man I learn so much from each hand I post.
weirrrddd huh!!!/????
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  piggypie123 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 am

My game has improved a lot since joining this forum. Just by reading your guys posts and puting what I've learned into practice has been helping me a ton.

pig

piggypie123

Posts : 41
Likes : 4
Join date : 2013-02-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  JodaB. on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:48 am

piggypie123 wrote:My game has improved a lot since joining this forum. Just by reading your guys posts and puting what I've learned into practice has been helping me a ton.

pig
right on, feel free to post any hands or questions, I'm only ever hard on Smoke cause I've spent a lot of time coaching him already. Feel free to ask about fundamentals as well, because as we clear those up our advanced game falls into place.
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ??......???

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum