Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling with the bottom of our range

2 posters

Go down

Calling with the bottom of our range Empty Calling with the bottom of our range

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:07 am

Lately I have making some sick calls with the bottom of my calling range, often times I am ahead in a 60/40 race, sometimes in a 50/50, sometimes crushed and sometimes I have them crushed.

Since u have said we should always take the edge when it's +cEV, I have been trying to do that, but it seems that I lose more often than not. Why is that? Is it because I'm gauging this over a small sample size and really if I keep doing it, it will pan out over time.

Another thing I was thinking about, which seems crazy, because you throw away your edge some of the time ... If our opponent ships and we have a hand that's marginally +Cev against their range, but the call will cripple us if we lose. Should I have a rule when thinking about calling with the bottom of my range, when it cripples my stack? Something like in order to call with min +CEV, I must have x amount left after the hand if I lose or I should fold.

I hope u say its just me panicing over a small sample size Very Happy

Thx,
Ryan

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Calling with the bottom of our range Empty Re: Calling with the bottom of our range

Post  JodaB. Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:42 am

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:Lately I have making some sick calls with the bottom of my calling range, often times I am ahead in a 60/40 race, sometimes in a 50/50, sometimes crushed and sometimes I have them crushed.

Since u have said we should always take the edge when it's +cEV, I have been trying to do that, but it seems that I lose more often than not. Why is that? Is it because I'm gauging this over a small sample size and really if I keep doing it, it will pan out over time.
Not sure if you think its fixed or magic ;p if you get it in always with +ev spots then you are more likely to win than lose.

Basically since you don't know the numbers of how many time its happened vs how many you have lost, I think Ima call shenanigans Wink

Another thing I was thinking about, which seems crazy, because you throw away your edge some of the time ... If our opponent ships and we have a hand that's marginally +Cev against their range, but the call will cripple us if we lose. Should I have a rule when thinking about calling with the bottom of my range, when it cripples my stack? Something like in order to call with min +CEV, I must have x amount left after the hand if I lose or I should fold.

Don't you EVER talk like this again! EVEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I don't care who you hear talk like this, phil ivey, btp, isildur1, jodab.......don't ever think like this!!!!

If its +ev in non money spots then its gold. You have to remember though if the shover isn't as wider as you thought then it might not be +ev.

JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Calling with the bottom of our range Empty Re: Calling with the bottom of our range

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:04 am

Very Happy I won't think like that!

Okay I will keep track of my calls from now on and I will provide some proof geek

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:06 am

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:

Okay I will keep track of my calls from now on and I will provide some proof geek
What are you providing proof of? If you get your money in with % in which you win more often than not that you will lose more often than not ?
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:25 am

Proof of how many times I call an AI when I'm +Cev and lose

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:34 am

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:Proof of how many times I call an AI when I'm +Cev and lose
right! I'm asking what this is going to prove to us?
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:55 am

https://vimeo.com/62325451

did a vid on this last night.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down