how to deal with a constant 3bettor when SS

View previous topic View next topic Go down

how to deal with a constant 3bettor when SS

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:47 pm

As you saw in my last final table I was getting owned by a stronger player, he kept on 3bettin me every time I played, except one hand. How can I adjust to these types of players when short stacked? I felt like he was committed to an allin by me, so i felt folding was the best option.

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: how to deal with a constant 3bettor when SS

Post  JodaB. on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:24 am

Shit like that is very specific to the dynamics at the moment. Theres a few issues, one you have to start opening less, but you can't really call more at a final table. So you have to start shipping a larger stack all in, instead of raising, or just give them the table.

Its also helpful to figure out what type of range he has. Is it value only, extended value, polarized, capped, etc?
JodaB.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:00 am

JodaB. wrote:Shit like that is very specific to the dynamics at the moment. Theres a few issues, one you have to start opening less, but you can't really call more at a final table. So you have to start shipping a larger stack all in, instead of raising, or just give them the table.

Its also helpful to figure out what type of range he has. Is it value only, extended value, polarized, capped, etc?

ok and that's what i kinda thought, if i can't out play them, use a shove or fold strat...

what do you mean by capped?

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:02 am

Capped meaning for instance they are flatting monsters, so not really in their 3betting range.

Ya if they are good and they know you'll fold then they will 3bet every hand, if they are deep enough to fold.
JodaB.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top