180 man's tho

View previous topic View next topic Go down

180 man's tho

Post  Smoker.B. on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:10 pm

this might get TL;DR , ill try to keep it short and sweet but I doubt it, got a few too many questions.

Basically, I cannot keep playing cash games online.. its tedious to sit there all day to wait for a fish or games to run, Im not very good at controlling my tilt as people know, and losing large cash pots makes me want to kill people / myself.

I also dont have 6,7,8+ hours to grind reg speed mtt's like I used to be able to.

I want to get back into mtt's but Joda B has always told me to "play 180 man's, play 180 man's." My biggest question is, WHY?

Im genuinely curious as to why there is so many 180 man grinders... and why you play them.

Is it because the field is capped? is it because so many of them run? is it more +EV to know your opponents (regs)?

I feel like I have never been able to settle into one certain thing in poker.. ive played literally every format and game under the sun and don't have one particular "thing". Im not sure if it's my ADD or what, but I have a real hard time settling in to play one particular game for longer than a few months.

I know if I want to play them, Ill play them, I shouldnt ask about playing them, but these are just some general questions I have, and hopefully they can help me.

Thanks.

Smoker.B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 180 man's tho

Post  JodaB. on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:40 pm

ok now what is your ACTUAL question?
JodaB.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:46 pm

ah, fine, forget it.

Smoker.B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:ah, fine, forget it.

I'm just asking you to state your question.
JodaB.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:51 pm

JodaB. wrote:

[quote]

I want to get back into mtt's but Joda B has always told me to "play 180 man's, play 180 man's." My biggest question is, WHY?

Im genuinely curious as to why there is so many 180 man grinders... and why you play them.

Is it because the field is capped? is it because so many of them run? is it more +EV to know your opponents (regs)?
Smoker.B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:03 am

[quote="Smoker.B."]
JodaB. wrote:

when you pick a game and specialize you learn something that can't be taught, so asking won't help thats the reason i tell you to pick them and learn them. You can't understand until you do it, some things work like that.
JodaB.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:41 am

what is your goal in poker? do you want to grind SNG's, Big MTT's, etc??

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. on Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:09 pm

I wanna play mtt's of course...

I just really feel lost with opening ranges and stuff nowaday's after seeing how the game has evolved the past few months

Smoker.B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:08 am

Ok Now you have a Goal, but how are you going to achieve your goal?

I think it's time for you to come up with a plan on how you're going to achieve your goal. Don't just jump into the MTT's and expect it to happen like it does for others. They have spent a ton of time working on their game. Don't get me wrong, you probably have to, but it seems without a plan.

Maybe try coming up with a Schedule for yourself which includes study time, game time & downtime(fun time). I have found this has helped me huge, some days when I'm working on my game away from the table, I actually feel like I'm making money!(I'm a little crazy). You're not going to always follow your schedule, but when you get out of line, you can look back and say "ah, I'm playing to much, maybe I should work on my game away from the table" It's something to just keep you in line.

Also take the time to look at creating your own bankroll management system. (Something that doesn't hurt your overall financial status.) Look at the article I have posted in my other thread and create something based on that. And don't panic if you have to drop down a level!lol affraid I did this in the past, tried to make it up by playing bigger games and well it turned out to be a big FAIL. also stick to MTT and only MTT's!

The main point I'm trying to make here, is to add some STRUCTURE into your game! Don't bounce around Basketball playing whatever, stick to LEARNING & playing MTT's for now.

I'm not super succesful at all, but in my infant stages back at the tables, this has helped!

I hope it helps

RWPKRPLR1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 pm

What is yoda's thoughts on 27 paid now?

What would be the basic strategy for these as I am kinda getting a mtt itch? (even though they are listed under sng's)

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 pm

sngking wrote:What is yoda's thoughts on 27 paid now?

What would be the basic strategy for these as I am kinda getting a mtt itch? (even though they are listed under sng's)
27 paid i dunno, prob favours loose aggressive players. Basic strategy is always to get as many chips as you can!!!!!!!!
JodaB.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:14 pm

JodaB. wrote:
sngking wrote:What is yoda's thoughts on 27 paid now?

27 paid i dunno, prob favours loose aggressive players. Basic strategy is always to get as many chips as you can!!!!!!!!

Twisted Evil lol!

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 pm

So after people complaining, it looks like the 180's new structure is gaining popular votes now.

The "reg's" love that you are now on the final table faster like blinds about 400/800 to 1k/2k when the final table starts!

I looked at a couple that were running tonight and the above is true What a Face .

The other one they were almost itm just hour and a half into it, kinda makes me want to try them out more now,lol. Laughing

sngking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum