line check

View previous topic View next topic Go down

line check

Post  Smoker.B. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:01 pm

No Limit Holdem Tournament
PokerStars
9 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by http://weaktight.com/
$10+$1

Stacks:
UTG smokerB 8,366 418bb
UTG+1 0_amunRa_0 3,960 198bb
MP1 moneywilly 4,950 248bb
MP2 elemeNtftw 4,970 249bb
MP3 IW Shelby 4,230 212bb
CO volvo94 4,970 249bb
BTN gaustauv 4,960 248bb
SB stadtadler 3,604 180bb
BB G*Maksim*V 4,940 247bb

Blinds: 10/20

Pre-Flop: (30, 9 players) smokerB is UTG Js Jh
smokerB raises to 60, 3 folds, IW Shelby calls 60, 2 folds, stadtadler calls 50, 1 fold

Flop: 9d Kc Kh (200, 3 players)
stadtadler bets 20, smokerB raises to 120, IW Shelby folds, stadtadler calls 100

Turn: Kd (440, 2 players)
stadtadler bets 60, smokerB raises to 200, stadtadler raises to 340, smokerB calls 140

River: 6h (1,120, 2 players)
stadtadler bets 820, smokerB calls 820

Final Pot: 2,760
stadtadler shows four of a kind, Kings
Qc Ks
smokerB shows a full house, Kings full of Jacks
Js Jh

stadtadler wins 2,760 (net +1,420)

smokerB lost 1,340
IW Shelby lost 60


villian is a fish playing every hand

lost min?

avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  Smoker.B. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:01 pm

used the HH converter

doesnt look all that good
avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  JodaB. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 pm

hand is fine, these aren't your big leaks, look elsewhere, can prob even get it in on the turn, value value value.
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  Smoker.B. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Table '704010003 357' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Glovemonkey (2670 in chips)
Seat 2: seek s-unit (6760 in chips)
Seat 3: elia299 (2987 in chips)
Seat 4: rost2112 (4420 in chips)
Seat 5: Antz80 (15686 in chips)
Seat 6: Xavi666 (12406 in chips)
Seat 7: smokerock247 (16401 in chips)
Seat 8: b1naryb0y (1939 in chips)
Seat 9: csaba333 (11951 in chips)
Glovemonkey: posts the ante 25
seek s-unit: posts the ante 25
elia299: posts the ante 25
rost2112: posts the ante 25
Antz80: posts the ante 25
Xavi666: posts the ante 25
smokerock247: posts the ante 25
b1naryb0y: posts the ante 25
csaba333: posts the ante 25
rost2112: posts small blind 125
Antz80: posts big blind 250
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to smokerock247 [9d 9h]
b1naryb0y said, "nh"
Xavi666: folds
smokerock247: raises 265 to 515
b1naryb0y: folds
csaba333: folds
Glovemonkey: calls 515
seek s-unit: folds
elia299: calls 515
rost2112: folds
Antz80: folds
*** FLOP *** [Ac 4s 2h]
smokerock247: bets 945
Glovemonkey: folds
elia299: raises 1502 to 2447 and is all-in
smokerock247: calls 1502
*** TURN *** [Ac 4s 2h] [Jd]
*** RIVER *** [Ac 4s 2h Jd] [Th]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
smokerock247: shows [9d 9h] (a pair of Nines)
elia299: shows [Ad 2d] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
elia299 collected 7039 from pot

bounce
avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  JodaB. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:26 pm

is the flop bet for value or a bluff?
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  Smoker.B. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:44 pm

bluff, didnt really put an A in their range

No
avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  JodaB. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:bluff,
come on man, you already know the next question.
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  Smoker.B. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:56 pm

ja, okok

Neutral
avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  JodaB. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:ja, okok

Neutral
we are having a conversation here, im asking you to continue you it, you know the next question so answer it.
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  Smoker.B. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:57 pm

what worse hands call
avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  JodaB. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:01 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:what worse hands call
Do want to discuss this hand or you just like need attention?
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  Smoker.B. on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:10 pm

I dont know why you are being so hostile, i just wanted to hear what you have to say

anyways, moving on...

i feel like i played this god awfully.. by the time I c bet, I was pot commited against the shorty sho shoved, i was getting alot:1 on the call, i was kicking myself.

as for worse hands that do this, there really isnt any.. maybe some pairs, but its always Ax

avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  JodaB. on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:09 am

Smoker.B. wrote:
i feel like i played this god awfully.. by the time I c bet, I was pot commited against the shorty sho shoved, i was getting alot:1 on the call, i was kicking myself.
Ya def look at that before you bet, this would be a reason to be smaller if you are going to fold, and to shove if you have a draw and think you have some fold equity too.

as for worse hands that do this, there really isnt any.. maybe some pairs, but its always Ax
no when we bluff the question is what better hands than ours fold, and yes like some pair fold. But obviously he always has Ax hands in his range. When you said, I didn't think he has Ax in his range you made that up....we always need a reason to say that.

Because its an Axx dry board we can bet slightly smaller and rep the ace. If we can't bet small enough that we can still fold then we will have to bet as a bluff but call anyways. I dunno the exact pot but it looks like you can bet fold small here....or sometimes check fold.
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  JodaB. on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:35 pm

What board has more value for your 99 Axx rainbow, or Axx two toned?
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  REEBS77 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:59 pm

JodaB. wrote:What board has more value for your 99 Axx rainbow, or Axx two toned?

Two toned has more value for our 99 than rainbow since villian can connect with the draws and continue in the pot. When villian continues on the rainbow flop, there are no flush draws in his range, meaning his range is weighted more towards Ax & I guess sets a small amount of the time.

Question, if villian is known to be a thinking player, are we too shallow to check/call? When we check villian will put us on either AA or complete air imo, and will fire with all the hands you beat that will fold to a simple cbet.
avatar
REEBS77

Posts : 294
Likes : 20
Join date : 2012-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  JodaB. on Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:16 pm

REEBS77 wrote:
JodaB. wrote:What board has more value for your 99 Axx rainbow, or Axx two toned?

Two toned has more value for our 99 than rainbow since villian can connect with the draws and continue in the pot. When villian continues on the rainbow flop, there are no flush draws in his range, meaning his range is weighted more towards Ax & I guess sets a small amount of the time.

Question, if villian is known to be a thinking player, are we too shallow to check/call? When we check villian will put us on either AA or complete air imo, and will fire with all the hands you beat that will fold to a simple cbet.
yes correct about the first part althougth you are not costanza ;p

The thing about a thinking player is if he sees you check back he might feel like you have more nuts than air, plus he will bluff catch some hands like qq etc (not saying they are in his range). Also I don't like to give free cards, especially with a hand like 99 for 2 streets (even if im betting river and check/folding turn anyways).

What we are really looking for in spots like that is an aggresive or spewy villain who expects us to cbet lots and if we don't then he might bet all is air and we can shove with fold equity, where we feel he would just check fold normally anyways.

So I don't like it here, but I like the thought and try to consider all these especially in short stack play.
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  Smoker.B. on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:20 am

sorry i havent been on here much, been really busy grinding! cheers farao

joda, question.. what do u mean when we say "shove with fold equity" ? scratch

I know im H and all but i dont quite know what u mean.

ty reibs for chiming in , didnt get around to responding to Joda's questions.. sorry

gotta keep learnin so ill be posting lots of hands if thats cool

study
avatar
Smoker.B.

Posts : 586
Likes : 23
Join date : 2013-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  REEBS77 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:what do u mean when we say "shove with fold equity" ? scratch
study

I know I am not Joda, but I think I can answer this.... And would like to verify my thoughts.

When we shove, and get called, we have a certain equity that can be calculated based on our hand vs villians (pokerstove). However, sometimes villian folds to our shove, which adds to our overall 'shove equity'. So if there are some hands in villian's range that folds, then our shove EV is higher than what pokerstove will show you when you plug in villains calling range vs our hand.

Joda, correct the errors please. TY.
avatar
REEBS77

Posts : 294
Likes : 20
Join date : 2012-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  REEBS77 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:17 pm

REEBS77 wrote:Question, if villian is known to be a thinking player, are we too shallow to check/call? When we check villian will put us on either AA or complete air imo, and will fire with all the hands you beat that will fold to a simple cbet.

JodaB. wrote:What we are really looking for in spots like that is an aggresive or spewy villain who expects us to cbet lots and if we don't then he might bet all is air and we can shove with fold equity, where we feel he would just check fold normally anyways.

Aren't we saying the same thing? Or am I missing something in there?

Also, we are oop in this hand so checking it back isn't an option and villian cannot check/fold.
avatar
REEBS77

Posts : 294
Likes : 20
Join date : 2012-12-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  JodaB. on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:43 pm

REEBS77 wrote:
Smoker.B. wrote:what do u mean when we say "shove with fold equity" ? scratch
study

I know I am not Joda, but I think I can answer this.... And would like to verify my thoughts.

When we shove, and get called, we have a certain equity that can be calculated based on our hand vs villians (pokerstove). However, sometimes villian folds to our shove, which adds to our overall 'shove equity'. So if there are some hands in villian's range that folds, then our shove EV is higher than what pokerstove will show you when you plug in villains calling range vs our hand.

Joda, correct the errors please. TY.
Yes this is obviously correct and im sure you know that but when you try to type it into words it probably helped you solidify it even more.


So ya sometimes villain folds and we pick up the pot, sometimes he calls, we want to averge the two and then make our decision.

How do we do the math that fast? Well if we feel we have 45% equity and we need 50%, we can't make our play. But if we think sometimes villain folds boom we got enough.

avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  JodaB. on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:44 pm

REEBS77 wrote:
REEBS77 wrote:Question, if villian is known to be a thinking player, are we too shallow to check/call? When we check villian will put us on either AA or complete air imo, and will fire with all the hands you beat that will fold to a simple cbet.

JodaB. wrote:What we are really looking for in spots like that is an aggresive or spewy villain who expects us to cbet lots and if we don't then he might bet all is air and we can shove with fold equity, where we feel he would just check fold normally anyways.

Aren't we saying the same thing? Or am I missing something in there?
You said vs a thinking opponent, im suggest we pick a spewy or aggressive opponent. But not 3way.

Also, we are oop in this hand so checking it back isn't an option and villian cannot check/fold.
never make me look bad again.
avatar
JodaB.

Posts : 1327
Likes : 93
Join date : 2012-12-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: line check

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum