Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

remember when

2 posters

Go down

remember when Empty remember when

Post  Smoker.B. Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:23 am

we used to have sick strat discussions like this :

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f53/nightly-55-10-left-i-have-top-pair-turn-play-26979/

where have those days gone Sad 
Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

remember when Empty Re: remember when

Post  JodaB. Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:47 pm

ya can't recall a deeper strat talk from that forum, nice that btp and V both got in there. I'm flatting that pre, and wondering if btp would now too. x/flop and bet turn smaller like V said. X/snap call any river bet prob too.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:21 pm

JodaB. wrote:ya can't recall a deeper strat talk from that forum, nice that btp and V both got in there. I'm flatting that pre, and wondering if btp would now too. x/flop and bet turn smaller like V said.  X/snap call any river bet prob too.
i still like 3b pre, leading turn and def calling river Twisted Evil 
Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:
i still like 3b pre, 
You always like raising tho Wink

So tell me why you like it better?
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:24 pm

JodaB. wrote:
Smoker.B. wrote:
i still like 3b pre, 

if we can take the pot down pre, we will take it, buddy is opening so wide, its +ev Smile 
Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:
JodaB. wrote:
Smoker.B. wrote:
i still like 3b pre, 

if we can take the pot down pre, we will take it, buddy is opening so wide, its +ev Smile 
Thats a good thought and you are correct for that.

But we might find another line is +ev but more +ev.

If villain is aggro we might be worried they will 4bet us of a good hand like j9s. If we have to 4bet fold we might take a worse hand like j7s.

Since villian is aggro and cbets super wide, there is a lot of value by flatting and check/ calling all streets on flops we hit and strong draws.

In general we want to bluff loose passive players that play tight postflop or to 3bets, and go for value and especially x/call made hands vs aggro players
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:37 pm

JodaB. wrote:
Smoker.B. wrote:
JodaB. wrote:
Smoker.B. wrote:
i still like 3b pre, 

Thats a good thought and you are correct for that.

But we might find another line is +ev but more +ev.

If villain is aggro we might be worried they will 4bet us of a good hand like j9s.  If we have to 4bet fold we might take a worse hand like j7s.

Since villian is aggro and cbets super wide, there is a lot of value by flatting and check/ calling all streets on flops we hit and strong draws.

In general we want to bluff loose passive players that play tight postflop or to 3bets, and go for value and especially x/call made hands vs aggro players
we get no value if we x/call 3 streets tho.. scratch (which is why i like leading turn.. is that wrong?)

its like reverse floating, we are just trapping the whole way lol
Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:we get no value if we x/call 3 streets tho.. scratch (which is why i like leading turn.. is that wrong?)

its like reverse floating, we are just trapping the whole way lol
Its true that we decided value meant betting when weaker hands will call.  But we get the same result when our opponents bet a weaker hand and we call with a better one.  Makes sense right?

One of the things that I have been working on that will re invent the way we look at the game is that it doesn't matter who goes first, we can look at the game either way.

The other way to look at it is any time our opponents give us favorable odds to call and we do  we gain.  A super lag opponent often does this because they always have so much air in their range.  So we can let them hang themselves by check calling all the way.

You aren't used to this because like many others you tend to fire back when fired upon.  But you will find soooo much more enjoyment once you learn to trap these kinds of players.  Just like BTP or V might do to you.

Its this kind of enjoyment Twisted Evil and its your favorite

One day you will realize how fun it is to x/c top pair vs a super lag villain.  Leading out isn't usually a good idea because they will just fold the air they would have bet if we checked.

Leading the turn is ok, for protection because there are many draws, and lags often play with all broadways, but we should do so small for pot control.

Keep in mind you might have learned something here, and that is ok, take it and think about it, then try it out.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum