Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS THERE A THEORM...

3 posters

Go down

IS THERE A THEORM... Empty IS THERE A THEORM...

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:24 pm

SMALL BALL?

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

IS THERE A THEORM... Empty Re: IS THERE A THEORM...

Post  JodaB. Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:09 pm

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:SMALL BALL?
small ball poker I thought was an incredible book (DN power hold em or something) so did btp, but I'm convinced its ridiculous now. There are a ton of mistakes and some redic concepts.  Its largely for deeper stack poker that happens in high stakes games that start with bigger stacks, and even then I'm not a fan of the concepts.

Too many people pot control for the sake of pot control and miss spots based on value and aggression.

Style, like small ball, im not a fan of because it causes us to put limits on our understanding of the actual game.

I think you are trying to get a solid foot on the game, but you should flow with it, and learn to abide in the unknown

< ^ 6 >

Or I dunno maybe someone has a theorem Razz 
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:22 pm

i have that book from a long time ago, but i was reading another when i got it, and never ended up reading it

playing deep stack is kinda what i want to work on, do u have any tips on thing i should focus on?
probably the most important thing of deep stack play is post flop play

i have to step away from icm for the moment to plug some leaks... 3 betting/postflop

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:52 am

RWPKRPLR1 wrote:i have that book from a long time ago, but i was reading another when i got it, and never ended up reading it

playing deep stack is kinda what i want to work on, do u have any tips on thing i should focus on?

i have to step away from icm for the moment to plug some leaks... 3 betting/postflop

Play the 11 dollar deepstack at 12:00 everyday ( I think?) on stars if your schedule permits, I played this mostly for practice for mtt's.

sngking

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:30 pm

sngking wrote:
RWPKRPLR1 wrote:i have that book from a long time ago, but i was reading another when i got it, and never ended up reading it

Play the 11 dollar deepstack at 12:00 everyday ( I think?) on stars if your schedule permits, I played this mostly for practice for mtt's.
I hope you know...you're gonna be winning lots!
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:30 pm

JodaB. wrote:
sngking wrote:

I hope you know...you're gonna be winning lots!

I wish!Sad Wink 

sngking

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:48 pm

sngking wrote:

I wish!Sad Wink 
you will be, play for a bit longer and then lets do that thing again where you send hands and we both comment and move on without making a final decision.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:13 pm

lol, watching the wsop action is sure getting me pumped up to play...........

sngking

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:55 am

sngking wrote:

thx i kinda prefer the the 1R1A games, but i should play a few of those i have FT them a cpl times a while back

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum