Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing Rockets on a Paired Board

2 posters

Go down

Playing Rockets on a Paired Board Empty Playing Rockets on a Paired Board

Post  negreanu1985 Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:42 pm

I am unclear how to proceed both IP and OOP against 2 or 3 opponents on a paired board with an overpair such as AA or KK.

I find if I bet all three streets I often lose to a weak hand that flopped trips. If I check-call, the same result occurs as only trips bet out. I am specifically having difficulty in MTT's where often players will see a flop very wide and play fairly badly postflop, making ranging extremely difficult. For example, on a 77T flop against 2 opponents, if one bets out or calls a flop bet how do you distinguish between 88-KK or AT vs a hand like 75 that hit trips. Regardless of position, in one case hero's AA are dominating, in the other they have 8% postflop.

negreanu1985

Back to top Go down

Playing Rockets on a Paired Board Empty Re: Playing Rockets on a Paired Board

Post  JodaB. Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:13 pm

I still troll this here and there, although not as frequently.  I know i missed a msg on skype, but im still around Wink

I've never been the type of player/coach to give direct answers as, although they SEEM helpful, they generally do not help us grow and learn.

In this post you make, you express difficulty playing these types of opponents, but your reason is they "will see a flop very wide, and play fairly badly postflop..."

I think such an observation doesn't really stand to reason does it?
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Poker is a game of logic (although many don't fully understand this), but we often do not like being pointed out faults in our logic, especially since this cause us to have to change our beliefs (that we might not even have known we had).

So when we have difficulties with our game, which should find the most fundamental "illogical" aspect of our understanding of it...and not move from investigating it until we find the source of it and are able to clear such errors up.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:26 pm

I'll add this, I went through the exact same mental set as the OP here.  But I had to come to the realization it doesn't stand to reason that villains that play bad post flop, are giving us a hard time with their strategies...
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down