Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why can't I multi Table

5 posters

Go down

Why can't I multi Table Empty Why can't I multi Table

Post  JodaB. Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:09 pm

/http://www.pokerforum.ca/f8/why-cant-i-multi-table-30262/

I'll prob tackle this tonight or over the next couple of days
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Why can't I multi Table Empty Re: Why can't I multi Table

Post  piggypie123 Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:09 am

This something I have a problem with too.

piggypie123

Back to top Go down

Post  sngking Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:46 pm

Oh goody! Oddly I do better playing multiple tables (but playing just 1 works too) but I usually multitable when I am running o.k. which is rare especially right now but it's something I have been thinking of trying the last few weeks.

Meaning like 4 tables. Very Happy

sngking

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:19 pm

It would be great to hear an answer on this one, but hear me out...

Joda set me straight on this earlier this year by saying "We want to work on our A game to improve our C game, so we should spend time 1 tabling a lot and sometimes can spend time multi tabling lower stakes."

Yes it is a topic that should be discussed, but we should work on being fundamentally sound before start adding tables. When you Multi table more than 4 tables you really slow down your learning curve.(like stated above)

So like me, if you think you have gaps in your game, stick with 1-4 tables while you work on your game. Be happy just learning the game, don't try to be someone else.

Knowledge = Profits

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:48 am

Yes firstly we need to understand we should be working on our game, and always feel free to give an opinion, it may turn out to be wrong, and I might be wrong to and btip or any of you point it out.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:54 am

when i first learned to play lots of tables i 24 tabled short stacked 10NL 6 max cash games Razz

gets ya clicking the buttons pretty fast haha

nowadays i rarely, if ever , go above a dozen...

also, full ring tables compared to 6 max is a huuuge difference for when you do try to learn

for realz tho playing gootz pokerz > playing alot of tables

its when you dont have to think too hard, and play good, smart, poker automatcally do you find bliss

What a Face

Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 am

Smoker.B. wrote:when i first learned to play lots of tables i 24 tabled short stacked 10NL 6 max cash games (stacked) Razz

also, full ring tables compared to 6 max is a huuuge difference for when you do try to learn

its when you dont have to think too hard, and play good, smart, poker automatcally do you find bliss

What a Face

Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 am

when i first learned to play lots of tables i 24 tabled short stacked 10NL 6 max cash games (stacked) Razz

What a Face

Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:when i first learned to play lots of tables i 24 tabled short stacked 10NL 6 max cash games (stacked) Razz

What a Face

not sure why you posted 3times, anyways you should be playing 1 or 2 tables max and posting hands.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Multi-tabling is something we do to increase profit, however it stifles learning. It's clear our roi% goes down but its not clear how much. There is going to be a formula that measures a persons projected roi% who gives up there A game for multi-tabling, but when you consider the multipliable will not be able to move up in stakes the projected profit suffers a lot more than the roi%. So we might consider 1 tabling to play our A game and take notes and save hand histories for better player in order to move up as fast as we can and then we can add tables at a higher level.

Simply put "We don't improve our A game by playing our C game (mass tabling)" /v

I came to PFC because I saw players playing 10 tables at once and I thought for sure they are cheating. Will trying to prove they are I started to learn about the game and eventually was playing 10 tables myself. These days I play 30 will browsing forums and listening to lectures, I'm the loosest reg In the game thats winning I believe, and I'm sure I am among the top 10% of winning regs for the amount of notes I take.

First thing is table ninja, which is a hotkey program that does everything but think for you. Right click over any spot on the table is fold for me. Cntrl A is allin. My preflop raise is set at 2.5 and i scroll mouse wheel up and down to change it. Flop % is set at 75% or something and i just click bet, same with turn and river, wheel up and down to change it. I reg for tourneys with crtl s (just learn it huge!). All pop ups table ninja handles. To type notes I press esc and it turns table ninja on or off.

This also standardizes 90% of your game so its really good for learning a good foundation.

I have a colored note system for quick easy reference of a players expected skill level, and a few colors for certain things like super call station or super tight because they are both bad but different. A little N lets me know if there is a note but most of the time just the color is enough to make a correct decision.

In early game especially we only open about 10% of hands if we are tag especially in sngs, so really if you have 100 tables up (lord I hope no one can do this) then you fold 90 tables and only play 10. you get raised and fold on 2, raised and all in on 2, and cbet the rest and take the pot down with 3 and fold to a check raise on one and see a turn with 2 hands. That kinda thing. So really its just a matter of folding a lot which suits a tight game.

Also a hud/tracker program that tells you someone is loose/tight/agreesive/passive/steaks alot, cbets alot, folds blinds alot etc. obviously helps make fast decisions.

So really learning 7 or 8 tables is pretty tough but once you do the difference between 10 and 30 is just state of mind because your poker game gets automatic. Then you play 200 hundred games a day instead of 20 and you just get good at mass tabling really fast.

I wouldn't worry about it, many pros only play a few tables at a time, but obviously you have to work to higher stakes.

Some 180 man grinders make a good living 80k ish a years plus vpps on 30 tables and they'll admit they are just push pots that don't have any creatively or 2nd level type thinking, which is fine its all what you are looking for and its really just a math formula.

The good thing is, if you learn about any piece of these then your roi% will go up for sure.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 pm

JodaB. wrote:

not sure why you posted 3times, anyways you should be playing 1 or 2 tables max and posting hands.[/quote]

only meant to post once

Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down