Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG look it's ICM

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OMG look it's ICM - Page 2 Empty Re: OMG look it's ICM

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:54 pm

OMG look it's ICM - Page 2 Bubble10

this how i feel skimming through this support thread.. i will find it

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Malmuth-Harville -- divide 1st among the players according to chipstack, then divide 2nd by summing the cases where another player won 1st (multiplied by that probability) and the 2nd place prize divided according to remaining stacks... and so on for all prizes remaining. If I understand correctly, this is the ICM formula. (can you work it both directions -- notionally awarding the lowest prize first?)

Malmuth-Weitzman -- is similar except that as you notionally work from the lowest prize (figure chance of a player busting next), and divide those chips equally among the remaining players. The probability of a player busting out next is inversely proportional to his stack size. This method is "probably near the edge of some players' ability to calculate at the table" and seems to be favored as most accurate.

source 2+2 thread

FGS - used when aplayer already understands ICM completly. They can us FGS to extract hidden value in mid to higher stake games. I will look more into this when it become relevant to me.

right now i should just use the option in the pic, maybe when i move up i can use M/W to be more accurate when i understand this more.

Next post i will post a pic HR to understand some of the numbers displayed

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:52 pm

ya right on, ill prob pay awice 100 bux to explain it all to me some time
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:14 pm

OMG look it's ICM - Page 2 Chart10

Ok the Pic provided above is a chart for the hand i used earlier. this is the intial results of the simulation using ICM.(Cev is an auto jam). As we can see the hand in question (Q8) is not profitable in a perfect world, but with adjustments it becomes marginally profitable.

so what i want to understand is what this chart is telling me... if the q8o hand is -0.09, does that mean we on average we lose 9% of a BB or 9% of our tournament equity?

also am i right here? EQpre%- tournament equity before the hand & EQpost% - tournament equity after the hand.

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:26 pm

RWPKRPLR1 wrote: OMG look it's ICM - Page 2 Chart10

Ok the Pic provided above is a chart for the hand i used earlier. this is the intial results of the simulation using ICM.(Cev is an auto jam). As we can see the hand in question (Q8) is not profitable in a perfect world, but with adjustments it becomes marginally profitable.

so what i want to understand is what this chart is telling me... if the q8o hand is -0.09, does that mean we on average we lose 9% of a BB or 9% of our tournament equity?

also am i right here? EQpre%- tournament equity before the hand & EQpost% - tournament equity after the hand.
ya i think its tourney equity not sure if its just dollars or what
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:34 pm

earlier you said "i just use the calc these days." i thought u meant HR or did you mean a generic ICM calc?

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:48 pm

ya the eqpre and post is tournament equity and is assuming everyone plays nash, i guess all my answers are in that thread.

my edit

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 pm

OMG look it's ICM - Page 2 123410

is this ok as is or should i figure out the remaining prize pool and adjust the place %'s for the new prize pool. right now i cant put in 100% of the prizepool and im worried its affecting my numbers.

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:54 pm

RWPKRPLR1 wrote: OMG look it's ICM - Page 2 123410

is this ok as is or should i figure out the remaining prize pool and adjust the place %'s for the new prize pool. right now i cant put in 100% of the prizepool and im worried its affecting my numbers.
no its correct the way it is, the calculator should adjust for it all. I did all the work you are doing before but I'm not fresh on it.

JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:24 pm

ok kool

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down