Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bet Sizing

2 posters

Go down

Bet Sizing Empty Bet Sizing

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:55 pm

Would you say this is correct? I watched two videos on Elastic vs Inelastic and they kinda are not on the same page.

Against Inelastic ranges

Both Videos say to bet as big as we think we can get paid when we have value hands.
then one video said to bet exploitably against these ranges (bet small as a bluff, big for value)
then the other one says to bet the same size as a bluff, just we bluff less

I like the a little of both, the balanced aspect in the one and the bluff as small we can from the other(minimize loses)
 Neutral 

Against Elastic ranges

we should bet small to keep our opponents range wide
we should bet big to tighten up our opponents range

Here is my problem elastic ranges are used for good plrs. and from what I know about bet sizing we should be balanced vs good plrs. So what I wrote about betting earlier in this post is all Backwards and very exploitable IMO.

Inelastic players are bad players and elastic players are good player?? am I right here

I can post a few examples  vs different player types. Just tell me which ones to post instead of me just posting random hands.. i need to be caught off guard.

This is one of the biggest things we can control to increase our win rate, so i better get studying.

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Bet Sizing Empty Re: Bet Sizing

Post  JodaB. Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:40 pm

What is the definition of elastic range....give an example as well?
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:17 pm

JodaB. wrote:What is the definition of elastic range....give an example as well?

It's how a good players continuation range will change in relation to the pot odds.

So if a good player faces a large bet with a flush draw, he may not continue
Now if we bet small and give him the correct odds, he will call.

Where as an inelastic range (bad player) may call the bet no matter the sizing.

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:25 pm

no thats slightly skewed it might turn out to be true but its also the base for your misunderstanding.

elastic range is a range that depends highly on the bet size for whether villain will call or fold.

inelastic is a range that villain will call/fold near the same regardless of our bet size.

so its a lot to think about but try to give examples for each.

JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:35 pm

Ok I will post a couple hands when I get home.

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:07 pm

PokerStars - $2.50+$0.25|600/1200 Ante 125 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 20,499
UTG: 63,454
Hero (UTG+1): 18,955
UTG+2: 39,823
MP: 32,579
MP+1: 81,472
CO: 5,741
BTN: 33,524
SB: 78,424

9 players post ante of 125, SB posts SB 600, BB posts BB 1,200

Pre Flop: (pot: 2,925) Hero has  A:spade: A:diamond:

UTG raises to 3,600, Hero raises to 7,200, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 3,600

Flop: (17,325, 2 players)  A:club: 5:club: T:diamond:
UTG checks, Hero bets 4,800, UTG calls 4,800

Turn: (26,925, 2 players)  3:diamond:
UTG checks, Hero bets 6,830 and is all-in, UTG calls 6,830

River: (40,585, 2 players)  J:spade:

OK this villains obv bad and his range is super tight. so the better sizing would be to shove pre.

Lets just say this was against a good plr, we see the flop, what would be our best sizing? since this is a bad flop for their range, our best option here to bet small since our percieved range has alot of Aces in it and want to give them best possible odds to continue(knowing that their range didnt flop well)  my concern is when we do have spot like this they're just going to fold even tho they have plenty of odds to continue.

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:26 pm

We can get more fundamental.

on flop like A82rb  

There aren't any draws, villain either has it or they don't.  The hands that villain is likely to continue with (Ax, sets) won't change much if we bet big.  So we might be small with our bluffs, we might even bet big with our value.  

on a flop like KT8 two toned, we might find our sizing matters more.  We can bet good regs off their draws (do we want this?), and certainly different sizing will allow a bad player to chase draws (fd, gutshot, straight, two pair etc.).

Its true that a good player/bad player helps us understand elasticity, but we should first think about a flop and how the texture effects our villain's range's elasticity.

Not worried so much about villain being good or bad, but what is their range, and how elastic is it?
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:36 am

JodaB. wrote:We can get more fundamental.

on flop like A82rb  

There aren't any draws, villain either has it or they don't.  The hands that villain is likely to continue with (Ax, sets) won't change much if we bet big.  So we might be small with our bluffs, we might even bet big with our value.  

on a flop like KT8 two toned, we might find our sizing matters more.  We can bet good regs off their draws (do we want this?), and certainly different sizing will allow a bad player to chase draws (fd, gutshot, straight, two pair etc.).

Its true that a good player/bad player helps us understand elasticity, but we should first think about a flop and how the texture effects our villain's range's elasticity.

Not worried so much about villain being good or bad, but what is their range, and how elastic is it?

OK I will keep this in mind when I'm pluggin away with flopzilla...I am kinda getting ahead myself here, we will come back to this once I have better understanding of flop play. thx

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down