Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Live) QTo Review

3 posters

Go down

(Live) QTo Review  Empty (Live) QTo Review

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:32 am

Decided to do a review, I haven't done a review in sometime. Pls post your input

Game: $20+R 9plr SNG, Prizepool: $340, Payouts: $200, $100, $40
Watch the Hand: http://mysmp.me/h_bFd

I know this hand is terrible!!

I think my best play is to Check/Fold this flop. other options seem to cost me way more $ev than I gain.. but there is one other option I didnt consider while reviewing this hand, What do you guys think about a donk bet here? Is it out of the question against a weak plrs range?

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

(Live) QTo Review  Empty Re: (Live) QTo Review

Post  JodaB. Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:28 am

the hand history is whats terrible!!!

ha gimme a text version or something

is there only 3 left?  reads?
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:54 pm

Ha ok... I will post the details when I get off work. Ttys

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  REEBS77 Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:20 pm

ok so we have approx. 18 bb eff to start the hand, we are in bb vs btn open.  sb has about 12 bb stack.

btn 3x's... is this std size for him?  

Preflop, you are getting 10:3 or slightly better than 3:1 on your call, so I think that its a fine call.  I don't know if I like ripping it pre.  I expect donkey to have a 'tighter than he should' of an opening range from btn, but a much wider raise/calling range also.  Obv you will be able to add to that though, as not each donkey is created equal.  Razz

My plan would be to check/raise or gii if I hit top pair or better. Some flops I may tend to check/call, but for the most part those are the flops that I absolutely smash, like QQ4 or something.  I'd rarely, if ever, have a bluff when I started with 18bb, flatted, then check/call flop.  I just don't have enough stack depth to maneuver a bluff on turn/river.  One other situation that I have started to work on is if a guy has hud stats that are like 90% flop cbet, and 20% turn cbet.  It won't work here as we are oop and short, but say u were in position here, I would sometimes float flop and then fold turn if he bets again.  We know he won't bet again without hitting the board, so I try to exploit that as much as I can.  Esp at micros its soooooooo popular to see that.  Even regs.

So yah, I really don't like your call on the flop.  Your range just isn't strong enough imo.  Likely, all of your premiums raise pre and don't flat (or at least the donkey will assume that for sure).  Your top pair hands likely don't wait another street to announce their presence either, as half the deck is bad for us.

I am running into some specific situations just like this one when I peel my bb.  Still trying to work through them.   Good hand to post.

I don't think we need to really worry about turn and river, as I don't think we have any reason to get past the flop here.
REEBS77
REEBS77

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:28 am

Game:9PLR SNG (10k/20min, No Antes)
Buy In:$20+R
Prizepool: $340(9 entries, 8 Rebuys)
Payouts:  $200, $100, $40

T$170k in play, 3 Players remain, Blinds 1.5k/3k

BTN:75,500($131.92)
SB:38,900($94.25)
BB(Hero):55,600($113.83)
ICM in Brkts

Preflop(Hero:QTo)

BTN raises to 6k, sb folds, Hero calls

Flop(4d,4h,9c)(Pot:13.5k)

Hero checks, BTN bets 6900, Hero calls

Turn(4d,4h,9c,Jh)(Pot:27.3k)

Hero bets 9k, BTN calls

River(4d,4h,9c,Jh,Ks)(Pot:45.3k)

Hero is All in for 33.7K, BTN calls

Hero shows a str8t, BTN shows a Full House (99944)

The BTN is generally a loose passive player, but at times shows that
he is willing to make some adjustments(mostly out of tilt, he can get spazzy).
Villain has limited knowledge of game theory. He plays a very fit or fold style post flop.

Here is an approximation of what Villain is normally opening with 6+ plrs.
Limping range:A9s-A2s,KJs-K9s,QJs-Q9s,JTs-J9s,T9s,ATo-A2o,KJo-K9o,QJo-Q9o,JTo-J9o,T9o
Open Raising:AA-22,AKs-AJs,KQs,AKo-AJo,KQo

When we got down to 4 players I noticed Villain starting to get more active, so
I adjusted his Opening range to something like this AA-22,AKs-A9s,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,AKo-A9o,KQo-KTo,QJo-QTo,JTo

When we got to the flop, and he bet, I should of reduced his range down to
something like this AA-99,44,AKs-AQs,A9s,AKo-AQo,A9o since he is rarely bluffing Postflop in general.

So a chk/fold is fine here...I thought since he is fit or fold post, folding half of his range to a donk bet, it would be more profitable to donk bet? but after thinking about it, I think the answer is no! We get to see his action for free, which is way better than burning chips by donk betting.

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:44 am

REEBS77 wrote:ok so we have approx. 18 bb eff to start the hand, we are in bb vs btn open.  sb has about 12 bb stack.

btn 3x's... is this std size for him?  

around four handed he started to 2x after watching me do for quite sometime

Preflop, you are getting 10:3 or slightly better than 3:1 on your call, so I think that its a fine call.  I don't know if I like ripping it pre.
I dont think we cant rip here, it costs us way to much $ev when we are wrong.
I expect donkey to have a 'tighter than he should' of an opening range from btn, but a much wider raise/calling range also.  Obv you will be able to add to that though, as not each donkey is created equal.  Razz

My plan would be to check/raise or gii if I hit top pair or better. <---same
Some flops I may tend to check/call, but for the most part those are the flops that I absolutely smash, like QQ4 or something. <--same I'd rarely, if ever, have a bluff when I started with 18bb, flatted, then check/call flop.  I just don't have enough stack depth to maneuver a bluff on turn/river. <--- BINGO  One other situation that I have started to work on is if a guy has hud stats that are like 90% flop cbet, and 20% turn cbet.  It won't work here as we are oop and short, but say u were in position here, I would sometimes float flop and then fold turn if he bets again. We know he won't bet again without hitting the board, so I try to exploit that as much as I can.  Esp at micros its soooooooo popular to see that.  Even regs.

So yah, I really don't like your call on the flop.  Your range just isn't strong enough imo.  Likely, all of your premiums raise pre and don't flat (or at least the donkey will assume that for sure).  Your top pair hands likely don't wait another street to announce their presence either, as half the deck is bad for us.

I am running into some specific situations just like this one when I peel my bb.  Still trying to work through them.   Good hand to post.

I don't think we need to really worry about turn and river, as I don't think we have any reason to get past the flop here.

Well the turn Is horrid to, I'm just lighting up my $ev.

p.s.- nice post time reebs

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum