Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A certain kind of apology

4 posters

Go down

A certain kind of apology Empty A certain kind of apology

Post  JodaB. Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:00 am

I sent this to the pfc webmaster, not sure it'll get to anyone, or any where past Comp, but nonetheless its best if as many people as possible read it:

It is true though, although maybe impossible to get the chance, that I would like to apologize to the people on (and around this forum) who saw my holocaust post, and misinterpreted to be about my hate for others.

Some people saw this and were not only offended, but were truly upset that a former that they enjoyed having around, had appeared to stoop so low. I am truly sorry to these people, for upsetting them and offending them. Specifically for posting such offending material regardless of its intended context.

Not to diminish the offensiveness of this act, but to be honest, I had no idea that what I was referring to would be taken in such a way. I realize it flat out sounds like I am lying, because I am obviously not that stupid. But I was (and still am in many ways) that ignorant.

I learn quickly (in some aspects) and learned about fundamentals of this entire world and its history in about 3 months. Democracy, each religion, economy, human history, evolution, genesis of earth, creation of the universe, origin of wars, human genocides, origins of language etc. All these things for 10 hours day as much as I could learn.

I did not know what the Holocaust was, what a Jew was, what Israel was, what motivated the wars, the atom bombs, the people effected, and people views on it all.

I did not know I would get the reaction I got, when I posted that thread for discussion. Had I of known at the time I certainly wouldn't have done it. Especially knowing the good people who likely felt sick to their stomach, that a contributing member could outcast himself so far, and seem to get so dark.

Not sure I'll ever get the chance to apologize to these certain people (in my professional poker career), but they certainly deserve it, and I certainly feel apologetic and remorseful for this.

Is there more that I am sorry for and people I am sorry to? Perhaps, but none as significant as the innocent bystanders that were hurt and upset by my actions.

I hope people don't ask things like 'What about all the dead people you offended?' Because I didn't imply anything harmful towards them. I think the Holocaust was terrible, my point was simply that it is not a Jewish tragedy, that would be antisemitic, instead its obviously a human tragedy.

Human's were unjustly treated by human's, in this we hopefully understand, that we were both the victim and the abuser, and when we think of such tragedies, we should understand about the true nature of who we are.

This understanding lets us act properly in the world when facing unjust and prejudice people, that we can no longer outcast them, but must see them as ourselves, and in that we are connected with them. When we are connected with our enemies, the world losing the ability to fuel its own ignorance. In this and this alone we can find peace.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

A certain kind of apology Empty Re: A certain kind of apology

Post  piggypie123 Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:11 am

Are you trying to get back into PFC?

piggypie123

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:10 pm

piggypie123 wrote:Are you trying to get back into PFC?

I never wanted to be banned. But no this isn't about trying to get back, there are some that deserve such an apology I'm sure of it.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:21 pm

its cool u are apologizing for past actions... i know what its like

its hard to get the courage .

nice job.
Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

Post  piggypie123 Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 am

^^Agreed^^

piggypie123

Back to top Go down

Post  RWPKRPLR1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Good luck with this, I hope they lift your ban someday.

RWPKRPLR1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum