Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question....

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Question....

Post  JodaB. Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Superman wrote:
JodaB. wrote: But now I'm trying to explain to him that checking = betting 0 and he tells me its stupid and has no importance ;p

I think I know what you are saying here...but I also feel that the ONLY time this is true, is if your opponent is good enough to recognize the very same.
How is your statement different than when players say "nash is great but people don't play that way in real life?" Or maybe you aren't sure why i point out the importance of the latter.

simply put, when we see checking = betting 0, we see the game more correctly, this is leads to more optimal decisions, but we can know how until we see the game that way.

JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Superman Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:43 pm

I think the statement in itself is only good for metagame. For metagame to work, both players need to be on the same level. Nash works whether people play that way or not because there are physical numbers/equations/calculations involved.

When we check, or bet 0...we have done nothing to alter the situation (except maybe in the mind of the villain).

Superman

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:19 pm

Superman wrote:I think the statement in itself is only good for metagame. For metagame to work, both players need to be on the same level. Nash works whether people play that way or not because there are physical numbers/equations/calculations involved.

When we check, or bet 0...we have done nothing to alter the situation (except maybe in the mind of the villain).
But for example we can analyze a situation differently because we can take out villains checking range by saying he bets every time between 0 and all-in.

Its not correct to say for metagame both need to be on the same level. In fact to profit from an oppenent through metagame we need to be 1 level above our opponent.

Nash works because its a 'baseline' for us to adjust from, without that baseline we are in the dark as to whether a player is too loose or too tight and how far we should adjust in response.

This checking is betting zero, IS very math based with equations and calculations are involved, and its not my invention, it comes from baluga whale a very well respected high stakes cash player/coach.

Its def new level stuff and will take a long time for players to believe it has any value but it will change the game drastically because a check raise can now be donking zero/reraising etc. so really all the ranges can be changed depending on how you view the game.

This is how we advance the math, by changing dimensions we can see the game for what it truly is.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2