Dagobaht-Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ja, homework

2 posters

Go down

ja, homework Empty ja, homework

Post  Smoker.B. Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:12 am

hey afro

looking thru my win from yesterday and im not sure what im looking at

when we review HH's and stuff, what sort of hands are we looking for?

for me in particular should i look at xxy board? two tone? my play from the blinds?

ive asked this before i know, but i think the concensus is that I shouldnt be looking at my HH's, I should be looking at others?

if anyone wants to swap HH's id love to do that.

ty
Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

ja, homework Empty Re: ja, homework

Post  JodaB. Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:35 am

Smoker.B. wrote:hey afro

for me in particular should i look at xxy board? two tone? my play from the blinds?

When you review your own hands do you tell yourself you played them how you would play them? Or that you should play them better? Are you just looking for mislicks? If you know better then why didn't you do it right the first time?

What are you going to look for in others hand historys? Are you going to look for leaks in my game? Are you going see me raise q2o utg and then you will do it?
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoker.B. Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 pm

JodaB. wrote:
Smoker.B. wrote:hey afro

When you review your own hands do you tell yourself you played them how you would play them? Or that you should play them better? Are you just looking for mislicks? If you know better then why didn't you do it right the first time?

What are you going to look for in others hand historys? Are you going to look for leaks in my game? Are you going see me raise q2o utg and then you will do it?

I mainly always look for hands that I can/should have played better

and no, i would never look for "leaks" in your game because everything you do there is a reason for it... i would love to look at a few from recent games, not to critique but to hopefully maybe learn a thing or 2

in my win the other day, i just played really super tight, and what I would consider creative

checking turned top pair, slow playing sets, inducing, etc...

really happy with how i played for the most part, except for the hand i posted and you and reebs both agreed it was dumb
Smoker.B.
Smoker.B.

Back to top Go down

Post  JodaB. Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:04 pm

Smoker.B. wrote:
I mainly always look for hands that I can/should have played better
See you need to think about this. You in the past played a hand the best you knew, and now you in the present reviews that hand to see if you played it good or not. They are both the same you and have both the same knowledge on poker.

Self studying is silly. Reviewing your own hands is borderline stupidity. I realize people tell you to do it, but I'm Yoda. Think about this concept hard, and if you don't get it ask me again. Studying your own hands is not going to make you better.

and no, i would never look for "leaks" in your game because everything you do there is a reason for it... i would love to look at a few from recent games, not to critique but to hopefully maybe learn a thing or 2
See how are you going to get better by looking at random hands from me? That doesn't make you better either, and I realize other people say it does so you want to do it to but they are wrong. When you see me min raise q2o utg 14bbs and overbet jam a 724r flop how will that teach you anything? It won't but it will make you worse because you will incorrectly try to apply something you thought I was doing.

in my win the other day, i just played really super tight, and what I would consider creative

checking turned top pair, slow playing sets, inducing, etc...
no here you are being horatio and you should cut this kinda thing out, you are just randomly spitting out poker terms.

really happy with how i played for the most part, except for the hand i posted and you and reebs both agreed it was dumb
Dumb? This is how you study, dumb hand, good hand, dumb, ok, good, a little dumb. You posted that hand and we got into discussion and if you kept attentive for the whole thing you hopefully learned from it. Lets not label hands good or bad or dumb or whatever.

I'm blunt with you, because I want to be simple and direct.
JodaB.
JodaB.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down